Thrive Themes Membership Review: The Complete Package For WordPress Bloggers, Or Is It?
Thrive WordPress Theme Free Download
Thrive Themes was founded in early 2013 by the ideal match: marketing expert Shane Melaugh and tech fanatic Paul McCarthy. But their journeys before they fulfilled were testing. Thrive WordPress Theme Free Download
Thrive Themes produce conversion focused themes and plugins for WordPress. Their aim is to offer an ‘all-in-one’ toolbox that lets you build a site and start transforming visitors into customers and customers.
Each theme and plugin are offered to buy individually, or you can join the Thrive Subscription offering and get access to all their themes and plugins.
In this review, we’ll see what the Thrive Subscription offering has to offer.
So, let’s start by having a look at the products in the all-in-one tool kit.
Thrive have just announced that their themes will be replaced with a single theme builder, allowing for much deeper levels of customization. These themes will still be supported for the time being.
For now, there are 10 WordPress themes available:
Thrive Themes are constructed for speed, readability and clearness. That’s not to state they look awful; it’s just that Thrive locations more emphasis on conversion aspects instead of style aesthetic appeals.
Some themes are tailored towards magazine-style blogs while others are better for offering products and services. There are themes to match both people and companies.
Thrive has included a few standard features in all their themes that are worth highlighting:
- Focus Areas: These show offers most relevant to your visitors, so you get more clicks and more sales.
- Landing Page Template: A page that removes header navigation links, sidebars, footer widgets and anything else that could distract a visitor.
- Built-In Plugins: These include social sharing buttons, related posts, optimized image galleries, a font manager and more.
- Easy Page Generator: Create sample sales pages, opt-in pages, legal pages and more with just a few clicks.
There are currently eight WordPress plugins available:
- Thrive Ovation: Collect and display testimonials on your landing pages, sales pages and more.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: Run viral style quizzes to generate social traffic and grow your email list.
- Thrive Comments: Conversion focused comments plugin designed to boost engagement.
- Thrive Architect: Create drag-and-drop layouts, add buttons and advanced content elements and much more with the visual editor. Comes with 150+ landing page templates that you can use for opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, and more.
- Thrive Leads: Create and design every type of opt-in form, run A/B tests and more to build your mailing list.
- Thrive Clever Widgets: Display different content in your widget areas, based on posts, pages, categories, tags and advanced targeting rules.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer: Test different headlines against each other and show only the highest performing ones. Thrive WordPress Theme Free Download
- Thrive Ultimatum: Add countdown timers, run complex evergreen scarcity campaigns and much more.
Thrive has actually also established a main dashboard inside WordPress where you can manage and set up settings for the Thrive product suite.
The Thrive Dashboard divides into 2 parts:
- Installed products
- Thrive features
The upper half of the Thrive Dashboard will grow as you set up more Thrive items. In this example you can see there are 4 plugins and a theme set up:
Each product has a mini-drop-down menu which links directly to the relevant Knowledge Base and Support Forum (more on this later) inside the members’ area:
The lower half of the Thrive Dashboard consists of general settings suitable to all of Thrive’s items:
- API Connections: Used to connect Thrive Leads to your email marketing system, reCaptcha, email delivery services, etc.
- Custom Fonts: Used to add and edit Google Fonts and other custom fonts to use in your Thrive products.
- Retina Icons: Used to add and edit fully scalable icons with the font icon manager to use in the visual editor on several plugins.
- General Settings: Used for shared settings between multiple themes and plugins; e.g. Facebook App ID.
- Notification Manager: Option to receive notifications when certain events occur on your site; e.g. an A/B Test ends in Thrive Headline Optimizer, someone opts into your Thrive Leads.
Aside from the items and dashboard, what else do you get in your Thrive Membership?
Let’s take a look inside the membership location.
What’s Inside the Membership Area?
The first thing you see is a Welcome Video: Thrive WordPress Theme Free Download
Thrive likes producing videos. And in true Shane Melaugh style, you get a quick video tour of ways to navigate around the membership area.
Directly below the Welcome Video is a listing of all the plugins and themes.
For each plugin you have quick gain access to buttons to Download, Tutorials, and Online forum:
For each theme you also have a link to view its demo:
On the right-hand side of the page is a Member Navigation menu listing all your options:
Let’s take a look inside each option.
This choice brings you back to the primary member homepage from anywhere inside the membership location.
My Account and License Keys
This page offers all the information of your Thrive account consisting of billings and contact info.
You’ll likewise find your license key details, which you’ll need to activate your items in WordPress.
In this example, you can see the various levels of membership and the number of times each license key has been used:
Thrive University released in December 2016. It’s a platform to gain access to all of their courses, guides and training materials in one basic interface.
This is not exclusive to the Thrive Membership plan; anyone can create an account to access the material. But it’s quickly accessed from the membership dashboard.
Thrive runs an exceptional blog where they share loads of useful information along with item updates. For instance, they run a series called “The Landing Page From Scratch” where they show how you can imitate landing pages found on the internet using their Landing Page plugin.
Inside the University you’ll find courses and guides that will help you develop better landing pages, build an engaged newsletter, produce better content and a lot more.
Here’s a snippet from the primary page: Thrive WordPress Theme Free Download
The Product Tutorials page provides a main repository of tutorials for each theme and plugin.
When you click on an item, then you can see its list of tutorials. And beneath you can access individuals video tutorials.
The Knowledge Base includes documentation and troubleshooting tips for all of the Thrive products.
You can use the search bar for specific queries or find the applicable product section and search there:
The Knowledge Base also addresses non-product topics like WordPress Basics; e.g. How to Set a Separate Homepage and Blog Page:
And Developer Resources; e.g. Adding Dynamic Data to your Autoresponder Code:
Thrive Theme Demos
The Thrive Theme Demos area is a connect to the demo pages of each of its themes. Again, this is not a membership unique, but merely a quick way of accessing the theme demos from the Membership Dashboard.
If you’re thinking about changing themes or wish to check out a particular function, then it’s an useful location to attempt things out.
From time to time Thrive runs live webinars on a variety of WordPress and marketing subjects. Some are product launches, and others are tutorials to help you use a Thrive product to its full potential.
The Webinar Recordings section contains the recordings of previous webinars:
Each topic includes the webinar recording and related notes:
And you will get access to regular monthly member-only webinars where Thrive share techniques and insider pointers from their marketing team.
Thrive Products Change Log
Thrive are continuously including new enhancements and repairing bugs in their products. You’ll get the standard plugin or theme upgrade readily available alert in your WordPress admin dashboard when a new release is readily available.
The Thrive Themes Change Log tracks all changes for all products in one convenient location. Here’s an example of a change log issued for all themes: Thrive WordPress Theme Free Download
The final menu product is the Support Forum. This is an outstanding place to track your own problems and those reported by other consumers.
The online forum divides into five areas:
- General Discussion: For general non-specific product issues
- Plugins: For plugin related issues
- Showcase: For broadcasting how you’ve used a Thrive product
- Themes: For theme related issues
- Affiliate, Account and Presales Support: For administration requests
Sadly, consumers do not always utilize the right area to send their requests. A smarter support software application tool would require a user to select the correct classification when logging a problem.
For example, in the General Discussion area is this request reporting an issue with Pressive, which is one of the Thrive themes:
Clearly, this should be in the Themes-Pressive section:
Issues reported in the wrong area are more tough for other clients to locate.
So, there’s space for enhancement in the reporting software.
However when it comes to addressing support questions, then the Thrive support team offer an excellent service level. They upgrade the ticket conversations promptly and plainly.
Whenever you choose to purchase your Thrive Membership, you lock in your membership cost for life. That’s a great incentive to ‘purchase now’ due to the fact that Thrive is always adding new products to the range. For instance, in 2016 alone, the business released 3 new plugins.
There are two membership levels:
- Thrive Membership: $19/month (annually) or $25/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on all of your own sites
- Agency Membership: $49/month (annually) or $59/month (quarterly)
- Use all of the plugins and themes on your sites and clients’
Membership consists of all the existing and future items, plus improvements and updates, plus continuous support.
Note: If you decide to purchase individual products now and wish to become a member later, the single purchases you make are NOT credited to your membership.
The Thrive Membership Scheme provides exceptional worth for cash. You’ll conserve hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing their themes and plugins individually.
However it’s not just the pricing that is appealing.
Thrive have actually built a well-thought out membership dashboard that it’s easy to navigate. It offers you quick access to all the pertinent information, from licenses to tutorials. The one location for improvement is the support forum software. But that’s a minor drawback compared with the outstanding support service they provide.
There are no weak links in the item suite. All the themes and plugins are established to the highest standard and constantly updated.
- Easy to navigate menu
- Excellent support service
- Comprehensive knowledge base Thrive WordPress Theme Free Download
- Full range of product video tutorials
- Additional webinars and advanced tutorials
- Continued support even after initial warranty period
- Access to all current themes and plugins, plus any future products
- Locked in price when you join, so great value as more products are added
- Some of the links from the Member Dashboard are not member exclusive
- The Support Forum software does not force users to categorize requests correctly
- Can be expensive compared to a single theme or plugin if you have a small budget
Thrive Themes Membership
Summary: The Thrive Themes Membership scheme is fantastic value for money. You can save several hundreds of dollars compared to buying the products individually. The level of on-going support and documentation is high quality.